FlowFX™ Near-Wellbore Simulator
FlowFX allows operators to model changes to the completion design by adjusting common completion variables. Our online non-downloadable simulation software for modeling wellbores presents the expected effects to fluid distribution efficiency, prior to implementing and executing.
This service fills the gap between 3D basin modeling and a simplified friction calculation.
- Dynamically models each perforation cluster within a well
- Uses actual mechanical properties at each cluster based on RockMSE and any other calibrations available
- Estimates dynamic changes in breakdown pressure at each cluster
- Accounts for stress shadow within the stage
- Calculates dynamic erosion from proppant flow
- Models both early time-to-rate and steady-state effects
- Allows for varying treatment parameters
FlowFX models the effects of adjusting several completion parameters to fine-tune the completion design.
- Rock heterogeneity
- Number of clusters per stage
- Stage length
- Number of perforations per cluster
- Diameter of perforations
- Cluster placement
- Tapered perforation design
- Pump rates