Three advanced services for
D2F was established in 2014 with a singular focus on improving productivity, by increasing the stimulation efficiency of unconventional wells, using rock properties derived from drilling data. D2F has assembled an integrated platform of solutions, and subject matter experts (SMEs) who work with clients, to optimize their horizontal well completions. The process has been applied to 500+ wells across the U.S. shale plays, in the past 3 years. Drill2Frac™ has three fundamental services to help operators optimize completions:
Drill2Frac – Notable Achievements:
- The first to use MSE (mechanical specific energy), a standard in improving drilling performance, and successfully adapt to horizontal well completions, to map rock properties in the wellbore to susceptibility to fracturing.
- The first to use rock properties to calculate parameters for optimizing diversion programs.
- The first in the industry that integrates drilling data, frac performance and treatment data into a single model, that can be used to quantify their relationships, and improve frac efficiency and frac performance.
The OmniLog® Profile reduces completion costs by enabling major improvements in frac performance. Drilling data is filtered for drilling events, artefacts and noise. Then a corrected value of mechanical specific energy (RockMSE) is calculated using proprietary QA/QC processes, proven engineering and machine learning methods (MLM). This RockMSE log, identifies rock with similar susceptibilities to fracturing. Learn more.
The PerfAct® Calculation Engine uses the corrected RockMSE, output from the OmniLog, to further enhance the frac efficiency and effectiveness, thus reducing the completion costs. Accounting for wellbore heterogeneity, rock and reservoir properties, PerfAct modifies the baseline completion plan to optimize perf placement, develop engineered diversion solutions, and improve performance by incorporating results from historical well analysis. Learn more.
Key Features of Drill2Frac’s OmniLog, PerfAct and FracCheck Technology:
- No HSE exposure or additional operations required – normally acquired data for well construction is used, minimizing incremental costs and personnel issues.
- Applicable to all well completions – as diagnostic tools on current wells, drilled but uncompleted wells (DUC), and new well completions.
- Proven, well established engineering models and algorithms are used – the differences are in the D2F SMEs, and QA/QC processes to produce more accurate answers.
- Incorporate some of the latest advances in data sciences – machine learning methods (MLM) and multivariate analysis.
- Processes are automated with critical checkpoints, to allow for quick personnel intervention if necessary, which results in a standard, product turnaround of days, not weeks.
- Processes are automated for consistency and timing, but all results are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team of domain experts.